Looking for a Sacramento Probate Realtor?
There are things in life that we cannot avoid and one of them is Death.
When a person passes away, very often that all the properties and business affairs will be left to Immediate Family. And some properties that didn’t go to the trust will go through the Probate process.
I’m here to guide you through this process as I am a Sacramento Probate Realtor.
What is Probate?
Probate is the court-supervised legal procedure that ensures the proper people are given the rights to and responsibility for the decedent’s financial and physical assets. If it includes property that you want to sell during the Probate process, you will need a Real Estate Agent with a Probate Experience.
- You should use a real estate agent for any type of real estate transaction but a probate property requires some additional experience.
For example, a regular real estate agent may not know the correct probate procedure or to use probate specific forms when completing the sale. If either is incorrect at your final petition hearing, the probate judge will not close out probate. The need to make corrections can lead to rescheduling new hearing weeks or months down the line.
- If you don’t have a probate realtor, you’ll need to rely on your attorney to check the documents to make sure that it will be approved by the court.
- Attorney/Lawyers fees can get expensive when they’re spending hours doing the work a probate realtor would do as part of their standard commission.
- Probate sales have a timeline that must be adhered to—especially if the sale requires court confirmation.
- Your probate realtor need to list the home and accept an offer. In many states, you are then required to relist the probate property at the accepted offer price for 30-45 days.
- A real estate agent with probate experience will know these probate-specific procedures, timelines and deadlines that a regular agent won’t—preventing costly mistakes that could delay proceedings.
How can you find a Probate Realtor?
Discussing death with family members is never an easy topic, so you must need to be careful in choosing your Probate Realtor.
Your attorneys is always a first hand source since they already worked with various probate agents on numerous cases.
Nothing beats a good recommendation and word of mouth when it comes to this.
Selling the home of a dearly departed family member can be a heartbreaking step to take. But having the right probate realtor on your side can make that difficult task a bit easier to bear.
My team and I will take the time to get to know you and your family during this difficult time. We will share with you our team of vendors and professionals to make your Sacramento probate and trust sale easy.
When you have a professional team on your side the probate process doesn’t need to be complicated. Lean into our experience and team to make this difficult time easier.
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist (CPRES) #1381901